Are you in the market for a new home? When we began looking for our home we had a list of criterion that came with the feat; we wanted a two car attached garage, three bedrooms, two baths and a newer heating system as well as a central air conditioning system. Many people gaffed at needing central air however having lived in Michigan we knew to be comfortable in the summer months it was important. Consider these four important pieces in regards to the cooling system of choice in your home.
· When looking at a home with a window unit over a home with a central air system what is the first thing you notice? I know I notice that one window is blocked and unavailable to be used when it is nice out for air flow. I also notice this huge box sticking out of the window and sabotaging the curb appeal of your home. However this complaint is not true with central air conditioning units. In fact a central air conditioning unit is hardly even noticeable these days. Most homes have a unit on the outside of the home that connect to a unit in the home all while distributing air throughout the home in the same outlets as the heat.
· Another benefit of central air conditioning systems is that the ducts are able to access all the rooms in your home. Unlike a window air conditioning unit that cools one central area in the home. This does not make for comfortable sleeping if the home is only cool in the central living areas.
· Central air units also run significantly quieter than window units. With a window unit there is considerable noise pollution when the machine is turning off and on. Running a central unit allows for a more gradual lull with the air flowing through the house at a consistent rate rather than long bursts of running, shutting down and working to turn back on. Central air systems are quiet.
· Central HVAC systems you can heat and cool your home without needing extra machines. One complete unit allows your heating and cooling needs to be met without the bulk of adding another unit to the home.
· Last but not least a central air conditioning system adds value to your home. When it is time to sell your home the house will appraise for more than the same home using only a box air conditioning unit.
In these tough economic times selling a home is difficult enough. Adding a central air conditioning system to your home will untimely only help in the sale of your home especially in a four season climate like what we have in Michigan. When the market is difficult and saturated with homes for sale items such as the heating and cooling systems come into the picture and are often an item that makes or breaks a sale. When looking at a new central air conditioning unit for your home make sure you hire a licensed HVAC contractor. They will be the best people to certify the units are installed correctly.